Versatile Light Grey Cardigan in Soft Alpaca Blend from Peru, "Classic Chic"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
In soft grey, the classic design of this cardigan makes it a versatile accessory for your winter wardrobe. Peru's Pia Zavala designs the alpaca blend cardigan featuring feminine lapels, long sleeves, and neat braided patterns.
- 0.46 kgs
- 1.0 lbs
- Garment Measurements
- 73.7 cm Length (from high-point shoulder) x 106.7 cm Bust/chest x 80 cm Sleeve (center neck to cuff)
- 29" Length (from high-point shoulder) x 42" Bust/chest x 31.5" Sleeve (center neck to cuff)
- 66 cm Length (from high-point shoulder) x 91.4 cm Bust/chest x 76.2 cm Sleeve (center neck to cuff)
- 26" Length (from high-point shoulder) x 36" Bust/chest x 30" Sleeve (center neck to cuff)
- 71.1 cm Length (from high-point shoulder) x 101.6 cm Bust/chest x 78.7 cm Sleeve (center neck to cuff)
- 28" Length (from high-point shoulder) x 40" Bust/chest x 31" Sleeve (center neck to cuff)
- 68.6 cm Length (from high-point shoulder) x 96.5 cm Bust/chest x 77.5 cm Sleeve (center neck to cuff)
- 27" Length (from high-point shoulder) x 38" Bust/chest x 30.5" Sleeve (center neck to cuff)
- View size chart
Pia's struggles with her health have forced her to downsize her workshop but she is determined to keep it open. Her workers rely on their earnings to care for themselves and their families. Nearly half of the workshop's income is derived from Novica sales and Pia does not want to let let her helpers down.
Pia has taken a very modern approach to textile production. Her workers live far from her workshop and used to spend hours each day traveling to work. Pia moved her knitting machines to her artisans' homes and they no longer have to travel great distances. They are able to spend more time with their families and still earn a living. Pia works with machine knitters and hand finishers to create her knitwear collection.
Pia struggles daily with fibromyalgia. Marcelino, her assistant, of 32 years, suffered a stroke in 2016. He continues with his knitting at the workshop but struggles with work that once came easily. However, they have worked together since the very beginning and find joy in their success and strength in each other as they face their health challenges.
Pia's innovative approach to production has enabled her to work with artisans who once needed to travel a great distance to the workshop. In spite of her own health difficulties, she has kept her workshop open in order to provide a steady income for her collaborators.
Pia has been included in a local magazine story about her participation in an event to benefit profoundly deaf children.
The Women's Empowerment badge is awarded to female artisans or artisan groups that are led by women.
Pia's children are grown but she provides for the education of a grandchild.
"A beautiful addition"
A wonderful and use full addition to her wardrobe.Light weight and very warm.The color and style will coordinate with almost any thing from casuals to elegant.I am VERY happy with this purchase.
Was This Review Helpful?
What a beautiful sweater this is. It drapes beautifully and feels soft and luxurious. I love the yarn. So glad I decided to splurge on myself!
Was This Review Helpful?