Brown and Black Marble Chess Set Crafted in Mexico, "Earthen Challenge"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Featuring natural hues of earthen brown and black, this sophisticated chess set is designed by Mexico's Sierra Family. The talented artisans diligently carve each piece by hand for the perfect home accessory for challenging your friends. The brown pieces feature an incredible degree of variegation in the natural stone.
- 5.56 kgs
- 12.3 lbs
- Board: 35 cm L x 35 cm W x 1.5 cm D
- Board: 13.75" L x 13.75" W x 0.6" D
- Pieces: 4.7 cm min L - x 7.5 cm max L x 2.6 cm W
- Pieces: 1.9" min L - x 3" max L x 1" W
- Natural stone - some variations in color and/or pattern are to be expected
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Warning: Choking Hazard. Small parts -- not for children under 3 years.
- Free Gift Wrap? No
- Premium Gift Wrap? No
- Made in Mexico.
- Certified and shipped by our office in Mexico
Sierra was diagnosed with polyneuropathy when she was 40 years old, which is a condition in which a person’s peripheral nerves are damaged. She had experienced 15 years of suffering, yet through her struggle she never gave up and always found a way to rise above her diagnosis. She has astounded everyone that had the opportunity to be in her presence because even though she had been paralyzed, she exemplified strength and the healing that comes from remaining positive through misfortune. She calls her recovery, "a miracle of God."
Odette's sales represent a majority of her income. Each purchase makes a profound impact on her life and the lives of the artisans that collaborate in her workshop.
Odette has left a profound impact in her community and has successfully tripled the growth of her workshop from her first six months at NOVICA.
Odette has provided work for incredible people to aid in creating the art in her workshop.