Hand Painted Red and White Flowers on Black Leather Handbag, "Truntum Garden"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This black leather handbag is hand sewn and hand painted with two red frangipani flowers on a field of traditional Javanese truntum motif, the star-flower motif that symbolizes growing love. The handbag has brown leather handles and a matching detachable shoulder strap. The interior compartment is lined in dark brown polyester and secured with a zipper. The interior has three pockets--two close with a zipper, one of which acts as a center divider for the handbag, and one pocket is open. Four brass studs on the bottom of the handbag keep it raised slightly when put down, protecting the bottom leather surface. Artisan Farida Ridwan of Java handcrafts this handbag.
Should the bag get wet, the artisan recommends letting it dry slowly to avoid affecting the shape of the leather. Should the leather become dry over time, the artisan recommends conditioning the leather.
- 0.45 kgs
- 1.0 lbs
- Bag: 22 cm H x 27 cm W x 11.5 cm D
- Bag: 8.75" H x 10.75" W x 4.5" D
- Handle: 27 cm L x 1.5 cm W
- Handle: 10.75" L x 0.6" W
- Handle drop length: 8 cm from strap to bag
- Handle drop length: 3.1" from strap to bag
- Strap: 114 cm min L - x 124 cm max L x 2 cm W
- Strap: 45" min L - x 49" max L x 0.8" W
- Strap drop length: 46 cm min L - x 56 cm max L
- Strap drop length: 18" min L - x 22" max L
This artist positively impacts their community through job creation and provides jobs for 2 or more people.
The Women's Empowerment badge is awarded to female artisans or artisan groups that are led by women.