Floral Soapstone Tealight Holder from India, "Light Bouquet"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Adding light to your home, this tealight holder from India is created by Gulam Rasool. He works with natural soapstone, hand-carving the upper portion with floral jali openwork. The lantern is displayed on top of a base in the shape of a lotus flower.
Comes with a complimentary tealight.
- 0.49 kgs
- 1.1 lbs
- Total size: 10.5 cm H x 13 cm W x 13 cm D
- Total size: 4.1" H x 5" W x 5" D
- Lantern: 9 cm H x 9 cm W x 9 cm D
- Lantern: 3.5" H x 3.5" W x 3.5" D
- Base: 3 cm H x 13 cm Diam.
- Base: 1.2" H x 5" Diam.
- Natural stone - some variations in color and/or pattern are to be expected
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- For use with tealights only
- Never leave a burning candle unattended
- Keep away from children and pets
- Tealight included
- Free Gift Wrap? Yes
- Premium Gift Wrap? Yes
- Made in India.
- Certified and shipped by our office in India
Close to his eightieth birthday, Gulam continues the art he learned from his elders. His father was an marble carver and jali artisan honored with the state award for excellence. Gulam has been honored with the same distinction. He still works alongside his son and other artisans to whom he has taught this craft, and treasures the role he plays in continuing this important Indian artistic tradition.
Gulam Rasool has received 4 microcredit loans with 0% interest from Kiva and Novica, the first for $400 and the most recent for $1800.
Nearing his eighth decade, master stone sculptor Gulam Rasool continues to provide for his family, especially his grandchildren.
This artist is an elder master and continues to actively practice their craft.
Gulam is proud to be able to help provide for his grandchildren's education.