Black Cotton Yoga Exercise Capri Pants from Bali, "Kintamani in Black"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 6 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 6 weeks. Read more
Ideal for yoga and other low or medium impact exercise, these black capri pants are designed by Desak Nyoman Parwati. The pants feature a fold-over waist and are sewn of a cotton and Lycra blend that allows for lightweight fitted wear.
- 0.16 kgs
- 0.4 lbs
- Garment Measurements
- Size XL: 76.2 cm Waist x 50.8 cm Inseam x 35.6 cm Leg opening
- Size XL: 30" Waist x 20" Inseam x 14" Leg opening
- Size XL - Total length: 76.5 cm L
- Size XL - Total length: 30" L
- Size M: 71.12 cm Waist x 50.8 cm Inseam x 33.02 cm Leg opening
- Size M: 28" Waist x 20" Inseam x 13" Leg opening
- Size M - Total length: 74 cm L
- Size M - Total length: 29" L
- Size L: 73.7 cm Waist x 50.8 cm Inseam x 33 cm Leg opening
- Size L: 29" Waist x 20" Inseam x 13" Leg opening
- Size L - Total length: 76.5 cm L
- Size L - Total length: 30" L
- Size S: 68.58 cm Waist x 50.8 cm Inseam x 30.48 cm Leg opening
- Size S: 27" Waist x 20" Inseam x 12" Leg opening
- Size S - Total length: 74 cm L
- Size S - Total length: 29" L
- View size chart
For eleven years Desak worked with a batik artisan learning all aspects of the process, from wax painting to dyeing. From her, she learned not only the art of batik and textile design but also how to care for her workers. In her workshop, Desak and the older artisans generously teach their art to the younger artisans, preserving for another generation this UNESCO cultural treasure.
Desak Nyoman Parwati has received 3 microcredit loans with 0% interest from Kiva and Novica, the first for $2800 and the most recent for $4000. Proceeds were used to invest in the purchase of textiles and batik dyes to increase production in time for the holiday season.
Through perseverance, Desak has grown her workshop. She now employs members of her family and give jobs to other artisans in her community.
The Women's Empowerment badge is awarded to female artisans or artisan groups that are led by women.
Desak works hard to care for her three children and does all she can to give them a better life.
This artist has dramatically improved their livelihood by working with NOVICA.
Desak provides for the education of her three children.