2-in-1 Shoulder Bag and Clutch in Black Leather from Bali, "Fabulous Chic"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Elegant in solid black, this shoulder bag from Bali is also designed by Tuniyaton to be used as a clutch when desired. The bag is crafted of soft quality leather and the solid black interior features a zipper pocket. The adjustable strap is designed to be removed.
- 0.22 kgs
- 0.5 lbs
- Bag: 18 cm H x 26 cm W x 4 cm D
- Bag: 7" H x 10.25" W x 1.6" D
- Strap: 64 cm min L - x 128 cm max L x 1.5 cm W
- Strap: 25" min L - x 50" max L x 0.6" W
- Drop length: 71 cm from strap to bag
- Drop length: 28" from strap to bag
- Leather with bronze fixtures. Polyester lining
- Features a magnetic snap closure
- Soft smooth leather with a structured shape
- Genuine leather may naturally show subtle marks, scratches or wrinkles
- Free Gift Wrap? Yes
- Premium Gift Wrap? Yes
- Made in Indonesia.
- Certified and shipped by our office in Bali and Java
The Women's Empowerment badge is awarded to female artisans or artisan groups that are led by women.
Tuniyaton's father passed away when she was born and her mother could only afford to send her to elementary school. As a single mother, Tuniyaton struggled to educate her own children and endured many hardships such as sleeping in an unused toilet as she journeyed by train to sell her leather goods. In spite of her difficulties, she succeeded in educating her children and giving them the opportunities she was denied.
Tuniyaton uses modern methods and machinery to process the leather but her designs are handcrafted with traditional techniques, such as leather weaving and leather tooling. Each of her assistants was trained by older craftsman with many years of experience in traditional leatherwork.
Tuniyaton has struggled over the years and slowly built her leather workshop. After many setbacks along the way, she is now well established and both children help her. In addition, she offers work to others who assist her in crafting her handbag designs.
Tuniyaton has received 3 microcredit loans with 0% interest from Kiva and Novica, the first for $300 and the most recent for $800. Proceeds were used to invest in the purchase of leather to continue with her production.