Worry Dolls with 100% Cotton Pouch from Guatemala (Set of 6), "Joined in Love"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Crafted by members of the Lopez Garcia Family of Guatemala, this set of six quitapenas dolls makes a wonderful gift for friends or family that tells the recipient you care about their well-being and wish them the best. Quitapenas means "to remove worries" in Spanish; artisan Aura Lopez explains the Mayan worry doll tradition. "My grandparents said that the way to use them was to take the doll out of the bag or wooden box and tell it your problems and fears," she states. "Then, you place the doll under your pillow and, the next day, your problem becomes smaller or can be resolved." The set consists of three male and three female worry dolls each clasping a red heart to his or her chest and comes with a pouch made from loom-woven cotton. Handmade using tule wood, polyurethane, nylon stockings, kraft paper, and 100% cotton fabric, the dolls are dressed in vividly-colored traditional Guatemalan attire.
- 20 grams
- 0.71 oz
- Each (6): 6.35 cm L x 2 cm W
- Each (6): 2.5" L x 0.8" W
- Pouch: 12 cm L x 10 cm W
- Pouch: 4.7" L x 3.9" W
- 100% cotton, polyurethane, tule wood, nylon, kraft paper
- Not a toy. Not intended for use by children age 12 or under.
- Not a toy and not intended for use in or near cribs, beds, playpens, or carriages
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Free Gift Wrap? Yes
- Premium Gift Wrap? Yes
- Made in Guatemala.
- Certified and shipped by our office in Central America