Upcycled Metal Auto Part Deer Candle Holder from Mexico, "Deer Rib"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Working with pieces of upcycled metal, Mexican artisan Armando Ramirez creates a candle holder to make a striking addition to your home. Ramirez works with recycled rebar, screws, nuts, and scrap metal, handcrafting the image of a deer. The rebar resembles the deer's ribs, creatively cut away for a contemporary aesthetic. Inside the deer's rib cage is a space for holding a tealight candle.
- 2.78 kgs
- 6.1 lbs
- Candle holder: 35.7 cm H x 10.5 cm W x 32.1 cm D
- Candle holder: 14" H x 4.1" W x 12.75" D
- Fits candle size: 4 cm Diam.
- Fits candle size: 1.6" Diam.
- Upcycled metal auto parts
- Features a rustic, rugged finish
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- For use with tealights only
- Never leave a burning candle unattended
- Promotes recycling and reduces waste
- Keep away from children and pets
- Tealight not included
- Free Gift Wrap? No
- Premium Gift Wrap? No
- Made in Mexico.
- Certified and shipped by our office in Mexico
This artist is currently confronting a major life challenge.
Armando Ramirez has received 3 microcredit loans with 0% interest from Kiva and Novica, the first for $3500 and the most recent for $4000. Proceeds were used to buy materials and also a machine for soldering his metal art.
Armando has received 1st place from the regional contest of the Jaliscience Institute of Crafts for his sculptures.
Every purchase from this artist has a profound impact on their livelihood and income.
This artist has dramatically improved their livelihood by working with NOVICA.
Armando's income helps pay for the education of his two daughters.
This Product is awarded the Earth Friendly badge because it uses recycled or sustainable materials or techniques.