Leather Accent Cotton Backpack in Mint from Guatemala, "Mint Diamonds"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Hues of mint and black combine to form intricate diamond patterns over the body of this fascinating backpack from Guatemala. Eu Chonay designs the bag, which is woven by hand of cotton on the telar de cintura, or floor loom. Mahogany leather straps drape over the shoulder, while leather accents the bag's sides. Opening with a zipper, the bag reveals a lined interior. Two zipper pockets on the bag's back provide space for storing small items.
- 0.57 kgs
- 1.3 lbs
- Bag: 35.56 cm H x 27.94 cm W x 7.62 cm D
- Bag: 14" H x 11" W x 3" D
- Straps: 60.96 cm min L - x 71.12 cm max L x 2.54 cm W
- Straps: 24" min L - x 28" max L x 1" W
- Drop length: 25.4 cm min L - x 30.48 cm max L
- Drop length: 10" min L - x 12" max L
- Handle: 15 cm L x 1 cm W
- Handle: 6" L x 0.4" W
- Handle drop length: 6.5 cm from strap to bag
- Handle drop length: 2.6" from strap to bag
This artist shows a lot of talent or potential and is in their late teens or twenties.
This artist uses traditional techniques handed down through the generations and/or creates culturally significant items, helping keep these traditions alive.
This artist positively impacts their community through job creation and provides jobs for 2 or more people.
This artist striving to supporting their own or their family's basic needs and improve their livelihood.
The Women's Empowerment badge is awarded to female artisans or artisan groups that are led by women.