Knit Alpaca Blend Hat in White from Peru, "Snow White Braid"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Featuring a solid white color with braid patterns, this lovely hat is knit of alpaca blend yarns, featuring a design by Peruvian artisan Maria Esperanza Jauregui. She gives the hat a turned-up brim and a pompom on the top.
- 0.14 kgs
- 0.3 lbs
- 40 cm Interior Circumference x 20 cm W x 22 cm H
- 15.75" Inner Circ. x 7.75" W x 8.75" H
- 90% acrylic, 10% alpaca
- Dry cleaning recommended
- Textile softness: Soft -- this item has been made with natural fibers that are soft to the touch
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Dry clean or hand wash in cold water
- Free Gift Wrap? Yes
- Premium Gift Wrap? Yes
- Made in Peru.
- Certified and shipped by our office in Andes
This artist uses traditional techniques handed down through the generations and/or creates culturally significant items, helping keep these traditions alive.
Maria Esperanza Jauregui has received 4 microcredit loans with 0% interest from Kiva and Novica, the first for $1950 and the most recent for $900.
The Women's Empowerment badge is awarded to female artisans or artisan groups that are led by women.
Every purchase from this artist has a profound impact on their livelihood and income.
"Perfect for Winter"
I purchased this hat for my mother-in-law for Christmas. She herself is an artist so she has an appreciation for handmade items. This lovely hat will fit the bill perfectly!
Was This Review Helpful?