Kawung Motif Batik Leather Handbag from Java, "Kawung Delight"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Decorated with traditional kawung seed motifs in hues of brown, this delightful handbag from Java is created by Farida Ridwan. She handcrafts the bag from leather, held by two handles or slung over the shoulder via a removable, adjustable strap. This bag opens with a zipper to a lined interior. Inside, the bag features a central divider as well as two zipper pockets. The designs are applied using the batik method, where the motifs are diligently painted by hand with a wax resist before the leather is treated with dyes.
- 0.50 kgs
- 1.1 lbs
- Bag: 22 cm L x 27 cm W x 11.5 cm D
- Bag: 8.75" L x 10.75" W x 4.5" D
- Handles: 27 cm L x 1.5 cm W
- Handles: 10.75" L x 0.6" W
- Handle drop length: 8 cm from strap to bag
- Handle drop length: 3.1" from strap to bag
- Strap: 114 cm min L - x 124 cm max L x 2 cm W
- Strap: 45" min L - x 49" max L x 0.8" W
- Strap drop length: 46 cm min L - x 56 cm max L
- Strap drop length: 18" min L - x 22" max L
This artist positively impacts their community through job creation and provides jobs for 2 or more people.
The Women's Empowerment badge is awarded to female artisans or artisan groups that are led by women.