Handwoven Diamond Motif Cotton Shoulder Bag from Guatemala, "Cotzal Forest"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Incorporating motifs from their Ixil roots, the Guatemalan weavers of the Cotzal Artisan Cooperative hand-weave a striking shoulder bag of cotton on the traditional backstrap loom. Against a body of forest green, diamond patterns in red, yellow, and purple decorate the front of the shoulder bag. Forest green and peridot stripes decorate the rest of the bag, which drapes over the shoulder on an adjustable strap. Onthe back, this bag features a small pocket with a flap. The bag's main interior opens with a magnetic snap, revealing a blue cotton lining with a small pocket on one side.
- 0.24 kgs
- 0.5 lbs
- Bag: 27.94 cm H x 27.94 cm W x 11.43 cm D
- Bag: 11" H x 11" W x 4.5" D
- Strap: 40 cm min L - x 126 cm max L x 3 cm W
- Strap: 15.75" min L - x 50" max L x 1.2" W
- Drop length: 6 cm min L - x 54 cm max L
- Drop length: 2.4" min L - x 21.25" max L
- 100% cotton; cotton lining
- Adjustable strap(s)
- Features a magnetic snap closure
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Dry on low heat cycle
- Machine wash separately in cold water
- Free Gift Wrap? Yes
- Premium Gift Wrap? Yes
- Made in Guatemala.
- Certified and shipped by our office in Central America
This artist positively impacts their community through job creation and provides jobs for 2 or more people.
This artist is currently supporting and providing for the education of their children, grandchildren, or children in their community, whether it be at the primary, secondary, or university level.
This artist striving to supporting their own or their family's basic needs and improve their livelihood.
The Women's Empowerment badge is awarded to female artisans or artisan groups that are led by women.