Handwoven Cotton Messenger Bag in Turquoise from Guatemala, "Turquoise Festival"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
With a bright turquoise color, this festive messenger bag is proudly presented by the Women Artisans of Chichicastenango. Working on an artisanal loom, the Guatemalan artisans hand-weave the bag of cotton, accentuated with a diamond-motif panel on the front flap. The bag drapes over the shoulder on an adjustable strap, and features a zipper pocket on the flap, which opens with magnetic snaps to a lined interior that is completed with an inner pocket.
- 0.43 kgs
- 1.0 lbs
- Bag: 26 cm H x 34 cm W x 6.5 cm D
- Bag: 10.25" H x 13.5" W x 2.6" D
- Strap: 46 cm min L - x 138 cm max L x 4 cm W
- Strap: 18" min L - x 54" max L x 1.6" W
- Drop length: 12 cm min L - x 66 cm max L
- Drop length: 4.7" min L - x 26" max L
- 100% cotton; cotton lining
- Features a zipper closure
- Adjustable strap(s)
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Dry on low heat cycle
- Machine wash separately in cold water
- Free Gift Wrap? Yes
- Premium Gift Wrap? Yes
- Made in Guatemala.
- Certified and shipped by our office in Central America
This artist supports children under the age of 18.
This artist is currently supporting and providing for the education of their children, grandchildren, or children in their community, whether it be at the primary, secondary, or university level.
This artist uses traditional techniques handed down through the generations and/or creates culturally significant items, helping keep these traditions alive.
This artist positively impacts their community through job creation and provides jobs for 2 or more people.
This artist striving to supporting their own or their family's basic needs and improve their livelihood.
The Women's Empowerment badge is awarded to female artisans or artisan groups that are led by women.
Every purchase from this artist has a profound impact on their livelihood and income.