Handmade Wood Beaded Pendant Giraffe Necklace from Ghana, "Wild Giraffe"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Share your love of the world's tallest animal with this cool pendant necklace from designer Ali Mohammed. Hand carved from native sese wood, a dark brown abstract giraffe stands tall. Recycled plastic and wood beads sit above the wild animal, which is crafted in West Africa and hangs from a long nylon cord.
- 12 grams
- 0.42 oz
- Cord length: 42 cm min L - x 65 cm max L
- Cord length: 16.5" min L - x 25.5" max L
- Cord width: 42 cm min L - x 65 cm max L x 1 cm W
- Cord width: 16.5" min L - x 25.5" max L x 0.4" W
- Pendant: 9 cm L x 8 cm W
- Pendant: 3.5" L x 3.1" W
- Sese wood, recycled plastic and wood beads, nylon cord
- Avoid contact with water
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Recycled materials may vary slightly in color and/or pattern
- Length is adjustable
- Sliding knot
- Free Jewelry Packaging? Yes
- Premium Jewelry Gift Box? Yes
- Made in Ghana.
- Certified and shipped by our office in West Africa
Ali financially supports the education of two of his own children and two others in primary school.
Ali Mohammed has received 6 microcredit loans with 0% interest from Kiva and Novica, the first for $200 and the most recent for $2000.
Starting off with very humble earnings, Ali has worked hard to grow his workshop and better his livelihood and that of his family.
Ali currently supports four children who are all under the age of ten.
This Product is awarded the Earth Friendly badge because it uses recycled or sustainable materials or techniques.