Handcrafted Cempaka and Sono Wood Travel Backgammon Set, "Dolphin Guard"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Guarded by four loyal dolphins, this travel case opens up to reveal a superb backgammon board. The craftsmanship is unique; the board evidences Ketut Sandi's expertise and artistic imagination. He uses manual tools to carve the dolphins' detailed imagery from cempaka wood. The checkers and dice are all carved by hand from sono wood; the lighter pieces are carved from the external part of the wood.
- 1.73 kgs
- 3.8 lbs
- Open: 60 cm H x 45.5 cm W x 3.5 cm D
- Open: 23.5" H x 18" W x 1.4" D
- Closed: 25.5 cm H x 45.5 cm W x 7 cm D
- Closed: 10" H x 18" W x 2.8" D
- Handles: 6.5 cm L x 16.5 cm W
- Handles: 2.6" L x 6.5" W
- Dice: 2 cm H x 2 cm W x 2 cm D
- Dice: 0.8" H x 0.8" W x 0.8" D
- Playing pieces: 2.5 cm Diam.
- Playing pieces: 1" Diam.
- Cempaka and sono wood
- Wood grain and color can vary slightly
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Warning: Choking Hazard. Small parts -- not for children under 3 years.
- Free Gift Wrap? No
- Premium Gift Wrap? No
- Made in Indonesia.
- Certified and shipped by our office in Bali and Java
Ketut Sandi has received 2 microcredit loans with 0% interest from Kiva and Novica, the first for $1200 and the most recent for $1200. Proceeds were used to stock up on the wood he needs for his hand-carved artistry.
This artist uses traditional techniques handed down through the generations and/or creates culturally significant items, helping keep these traditions alive.