Hand Woven Cotton and Leather Laptop Bag from Guatemala, "Chestnut Kaleidoscope"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Kaleidoscopic motifs in ivory, ecru, and black adorn the flap of this laptop bag, handwoven from cotton on the backstrap loom. Designed by Guatemala's Maura Parra, the body of the handbag is made from chestnut-colored leather with a handle, adjustable strap, and recycled brass fixtures. A leather pocket located on the front can be used to store small items. The front flap of the messenger bag opens with tuck lock clasps to reveal a cotton lining in beige with three open compartments and a single zipper pocket. The central compartment is padded to protect a laptop or tablet of up to 14 inches. The laptop case arrives in a cotton storage bag to keep it clean when not in use.
- 1.16 kgs
- 2.6 lbs
- Bag: 26.67 cm H x 38.1 cm W x 11.43 cm D
- Bag: 10.5" H x 15" W x 4.5" D
- Handle: 20.32 cm L x 2.3 cm W
- Handle: 8" L x 0.9" W
- Handle drop length: 5.08 cm from strap to bag
- Handle drop length: 2" from strap to bag
- Strap: 119.38 cm min L - x 134.62 cm max L x 2.5 cm W
- Strap: 47" min L - x 53" max L x 1" W
- Strap drop length: 60.96 cm min L - x 68.58 cm max L
- Strap drop length: 24" min L - x 27" max L
- Storage bag: 68.58 cm L x 45.72 cm W
- Storage bag: 27" L x 18" W
The Women's Empowerment badge is awarded to female artisans or artisan groups that are led by women.
This artist uses traditional techniques handed down through the generations and/or creates culturally significant items, helping keep these traditions alive.