Hand Carved Soapstone Owl Aromatic Oil Warmers (Pair), "Lucky Owls"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Depicted in polished soapstone, soft feathers and big, wise eyes reveal the material's fascinating grain. Gulam Rasool sculpts a pair of lucky owls that hold aromatic oils in dishes on their heads. Tea lights inside the bodies warm the oil to diffuse its fragrance.
- 0.98 kgs
- 2.2 lbs
- Each: 14.3 cm H x 7.3 cm Diam.
- Each: 5.75" H x 2.9" Diam.
- Candle(s) included
- Aromatic oils not included
- Natural stone - some variations in color and/or pattern are to be expected
- For use with tealights only
- Never leave a burning candle unattended
- Surface may become warm or hot during use; place on a protected surface
- Keep away from children and pets
- Free Gift Wrap? Yes
- Premium Gift Wrap? Yes
- Made in India.
- Certified and shipped by our office in India
Close to his eightieth birthday, Gulam continues the art he learned from his elders. His father was an marble carver and jali artisan honored with the state award for excellence. Gulam has been honored with the same distinction. He still works alongside his son and other artisans to whom he has taught this craft, and treasures the role he plays in continuing this important Indian artistic tradition.
Gulam Rasool has received 4 microcredit loans with 0% interest from Kiva and Novica, the first for $400 and the most recent for $1800.
Nearing his eighth decade, master stone sculptor Gulam Rasool continues to provide for his family, especially his grandchildren.
This artist is an elder master and continues to actively practice their craft.
Gulam is proud to be able to help provide for his grandchildren's education.