Guatemalan Handmade Cotton Nativity Scene with Jute Accents, "Blessed Love"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Guatemala's Marybel Gonzalez presents an unusual take on the traditional nativity scene, not only in materials but also in structure. Composed exclusively of members of the Holy Family, this nativity scene has the three figures in an upright position in descending order of height. The Holy Family is crafted with solid-colored cotton and patterned upcycled cotton fabrics; their heads are created with manta, a coarse cotton cloth, as are Joseph's arms which encircle his family. Some of the detailing is done with jute recycled from coffee sacks and cord fashioned from maguey, or "agave americana," fibers. Cotton fill is used to fill Joseph's body, with marble gravel at the bottom to aid in keeping the figures upright; Joseph's staff is bamboo. A simple pair of eyelashes adorns the face of the new mother and father, giving them an expression of blissful serenity. The Baby Jesus comes in the form of a brightly colored Guatemalan worry doll.
- 0.19 kgs
- 0.4 lbs
- Nativity scene: 18.5 cm H x 8.5 cm W x 10 cm D
- Nativity scene: 7.25" H x 3.3" W x 3.9" D
- Storage bag: 29.5 cm L x 21 cm W
- Storage bag: 11.5" L x 8.25" W
- Cotton, recycled jute, agave cord, cotton fill, marble gravel fill, bamboo staff, cotton storage bag
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Recycled materials may vary slightly in color and/or pattern
- Free Gift Wrap? Yes
- Premium Gift Wrap? Yes
- Made in Guatemala.
- Certified and shipped by our office in Central America