Geometric Wool Shoulder Bag Hand Woven in Mexico, "Zapotec Twilight"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Master weaver Alberto Ruiz replicates the legendary artistry of Oaxaca's Zapotec people in the design of this tote bag. Having dyed the wool threads with natural and artificial dyes in brown, green, yellow and red, he weaves the bag's exterior on a traditional pedal loom and lines it with beige cotton canvas. Features an internal pocket, braided straps, and a zipper closure.
- 0.42 kgs
- 0.9 lbs
- Bag: 35 cm H x 37 cm W x 8 cm D
- Bag: 13.75" H x 14.5" W x 3.1" D
- Handles: 80 cm L x 1.5 cm W
- Handles: 31.5" L x 0.6" W
- Drop length: 27 cm from strap to bag
- Drop length: 10.75" from strap to bag
- 100% wool with cotton lining
- Features a zipper closure
- Use mild detergent only
- Lay flat to dry
- Eco-Friendly: colored with organic dyes
- Hand wash separately in cold water
- Color and/or motif may vary slightly
- Free Gift Wrap? Yes
- Premium Gift Wrap? Yes
- Made in Mexico.
- Certified and shipped by our office in Mexico
Every purchase from this artist has a profound impact on their livelihood and income.
Alberto Ruiz has received 6 microcredit loans with 0% interest from Kiva and Novica, the first for $2900 and the most recent for $5000. Proceeds were used to invest in wool and also be able to offer work to his artisan friends and neighbors.
This artist positively impacts their community through job creation and provides jobs for 2 or more people.
This artist striving to supporting their own or their family's basic needs and improve their livelihood.
This artist has dramatically improved their livelihood by working with NOVICA.