First Male Twin Tribal Hand Carved Wood Mask, "Atsu"
Ships Fast from the U.S.
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
According to the customs of the Ewe people of Ghana and Togo, the first male twin to be born must be named Atsu. And, out of fear that death will take the newborn, his face is marked in the belief that it will scare off death. Worlasi Agbalenyo hand-carves this original sese wood mask of an adult Atsu featuring a jute beard. The mask's rugged textures are obtained with sand.
- 2.76 kgs
- 6.1 lbs
- 70 cm H x 15 cm W x 3 cm D
- 27.5" H x 6" W x 1.2" D
- Sese wood with sand textures and jute trim
- Features a rustic, rugged finish
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Intended for display on a tabletop or other flat surface
- Free Gift Wrap? No
- Premium Gift Wrap? No
- Made in Ghana.
- Ships fast from USA.