Cotton Rope Hammock in Lapis from Nicaragua (Single), "Simple Relaxation in Lapis"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Evoking the pristine beauty of Nicaragua's majestic lakes, this single hammock is designed and crafted by Mirna Hernandez. She works with cotton rope in a solid lapis hue, diligently weaving this hammock by hand. This hammock is suspended from guacimo wood stretcher bars and is accented with tassels and wood beads. A handy cotton storage bag arrives with this hammock.
- 4.70 kgs
- 10.4 lbs
- Bed size: 208.28 cm L x 76.2 cm W
- Bed size: 82" L x 30" W
- Total length: 330.2 cm L
- Total length: 130" L
- Storage bag: 111.76 cm L x 17.78 cm W
- Storage bag: 44" L x 7" W
- 100% cotton, guacimo wood stretchers and beads; cotton storage bag
- Holds up to 200 lbs.
- Hanging accessories included
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Hand wash or machine wash in cold water
- Not weather resistant
- Avoid direct sunlight to prevent fading
- Free Gift Wrap? No
- Premium Gift Wrap? No
- Made in Nicaragua.
- Certified and shipped by our office in Central America
This artist uses traditional techniques handed down through the generations and/or creates culturally significant items, helping keep these traditions alive.
Mirna Hernandez has received 4 microcredit loans with 0% interest from Kiva and Novica, the first for $500 and the most recent for $400.