Cotton Hammock in Black from Nicaragua (Single), "Simple Relaxation in Black"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This single hammock is designed and crafted by Nicaragua's Mirna Hernandez. She works with cotton rope in solid black, diligently weaving this hammock by hand. This hammock is suspended from guacimo wood stretcher bars and is accented with tassels and wood beads. A handy cotton storage bag arrives with this hammock.
- 4.70 kgs
- 10.4 lbs
- Bed size: 208.28 cm L x 76.2 cm W
- Bed size: 82" L x 30" W
- Total length: 330.2 cm L
- Total length: 130" L
- Storage bag: 111.76 cm L x 17.78 cm W
- Storage bag: 44" L x 7" W
- 100% cotton, guacimo wood stretchers and beads; cotton storage bag
- Holds up to 200 lbs.
- Hanging accessories included
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Hand wash or machine wash in cold water
- Not weather resistant
- Avoid direct sunlight to prevent fading
- Free Gift Wrap? No
- Premium Gift Wrap? No
- Made in Nicaragua.
- Certified and shipped by our office in Central America
This artist uses traditional techniques handed down through the generations and/or creates culturally significant items, helping keep these traditions alive.
Mirna Hernandez has received 4 microcredit loans with 0% interest from Kiva and Novica, the first for $500 and the most recent for $400.