Brown-Black Leather Shoulder Bag with Multiple Pockets, "Molasses Rhapsody"
Ships Fast from the U.S.
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Leather artisans in a third-generation workshop in West Bengal create this embossed bag entirely by hand. The technique is based on a style that originated in nearby Shantiniketan. Featuring handles and a detachable shoulder strap, the bag is fully lined in red, has open pockets on both sides, as well as a middle compartment with a zipper. There's an additional external zipper pocket. The leather is such a dark brown as to appear nearly black.
- 0.75 kgs
- 1.6 lbs
- Bag: 30 cm H x 33 cm W x 10 cm D
- Bag: 11.75" H x 13" W x 3.9" D
- Handles: 44 cm L x 2 cm W
- Handles: 17.25" L x 0.8" W
- Handle drop length: 19 cm from strap to bag
- Handle drop length: 7.5" from strap to bag
- Strap: 68 cm min L - x 130 cm max L x 1.8 cm W
- Strap: 27" min L - x 51" max L x 0.7" W
- Strap drop length: 35 cm min L - x 69 cm max L x 1.8 cm W
- Strap drop length: 13.75" min L - x 27" max L x 0.7" W
- Leather with polyester lining
- Features a zipper closure
- Adjustable strap(s)
- Removable strap
- Free Gift Wrap? No
- Premium Gift Wrap? No
- Made in India.
- Ships fast from USA.
Sanchit 's family workshop employs many full-time workers and provides part-time work to other artisans in rural areas.
Sanchit is the third generation of his family to embrace leather work. Although he always felt an affinity for it, it wasn't until he was actually trained in the craft that he found his calling. He was taught by his father and other artisans, many of them family friends who have worked with leather for many years. Sanchit is now in charge of design at his family's workshop while his brother is in charge of production. The brothers rely on their father for guidance and are proud to employ and train artisans to produce their contemporary Indian leather designs.