Brown and White 100% Alpaca Hand Knit Cable Stitch Hat, "Chocolate River"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Peruvian artisan Maria Esperanza Jauregui combines stitch definition with a multi-colored yarn to create a stunning hand knit hat topped with a pompom. Made from soft 100% alpaca wool, the yarn used for the hat is three colors twisted together--burnt sienna, espresso brown, and snow white. Bands of knit and purl stitches and a long cable give the hat texture and visual interest.
- 0.16 kgs
- 0.4 lbs
- 42 cm Interior Circumference x 21 cm W x 22 cm H
- 16.5" Inner Circ. x 8.25" W x 8.75" H
- 100% alpaca
- Dry cleaning recommended
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Dry clean or hand wash in cold water
- Textile softness: Soft--this item has been made with fibers that are soft to the touch
- Free Gift Wrap? Yes
- Premium Gift Wrap? Yes
- Made in Peru.
- Certified and shipped by our office in Andes
This artist uses traditional techniques handed down through the generations and/or creates culturally significant items, helping keep these traditions alive.
Maria Esperanza Jauregui has received 4 microcredit loans with 0% interest from Kiva and Novica, the first for $1950 and the most recent for $900.
The Women's Empowerment badge is awarded to female artisans or artisan groups that are led by women.
Every purchase from this artist has a profound impact on their livelihood and income.