Brazilian Favela Sculpture Made from Recycled Wood, "Favela Doors"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Imagining the lower regions of Rio de Janeiro's diverse favelas, Brazilian artisan Arnaldo de Moraes creates this impressive sculpture for display on a tabletop or wall. He works with recycled pieces of cedar, imbuia, and pinewood to handcraft this sculpture, depicting two side-by-side houses that are painted by hand with a rainbow of colors. Cotton clothing hangs out to dry on a clothesline.
- 0.28 kgs
- 0.6 lbs
- 15 cm H x 20 cm W x 5 cm D
- 6" H x 7.75" W x 2" D
- Recycled cedar, imbuia, and pinewood, cotton
- Signed by the artist
- Features a rustic, rugged finish
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Promotes recycling and reduces waste
- For use on a wall or a table
- Free Gift Wrap? Yes
- Premium Gift Wrap? Yes
- Made in Brazil.
- Certified and shipped by our office in Brazil
Every purchase from this artist has a profound impact on their livelihood and income.
This artist is an elder master and continues to actively practice their craft.
This Product is awarded the Earth Friendly badge because it uses recycled or sustainable materials or techniques.