Black and Buff Hand Painted Javanese Motifs Leather Handbag, "Truntum Starlight"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This lovely leather handbag is hand sewn and hand painted in black, buff, and burnt sienna with a mosaic of traditional Javanese motifs similar to those found in batik, such as truntum, the star-flower motif that symbolizes growing love, and parang, the knife blade motif traditionally reserved for knights and royalty. The handbag has brown leather handles and a matching detachable shoulder strap. The interior compartment is lined in black polyester and secured with a zipper. The interior has three pockets--two close with a zipper, one of which acts as a center divider for the handbag, and one pocket is open. Four brass studs on the bottom of the handbag keep it raised slightly when put down, protecting the bottom leather surface. Artisan Farida Ridwan of Java handcrafts this handbag.
Should the bag get wet, the artisan recommends letting it dry slowly to avoid affecting the shape of the leather. Should the leather become dry over time, the artisan recommends conditioning the leather.
- 0.45 kgs
- 1.0 lbs
- Bag: 22 cm H x 27 cm W x 11.5 cm D
- Bag: 8.75" H x 10.75" W x 4.5" D
- Handle: 27 cm L x 1.5 cm W
- Handle: 10.75" L x 0.6" W
- Handle drop length: 8 cm from strap to bag
- Handle drop length: 3.1" from strap to bag
- Strap: 114 cm min L - x 124 cm max L x 2 cm W
- Strap: 45" min L - x 49" max L x 0.8" W
- Strap drop length: 46 cm min L - x 56 cm max L
- Strap drop length: 18" min L - x 22" max L
This artist positively impacts their community through job creation and provides jobs for 2 or more people.
The Women's Empowerment badge is awarded to female artisans or artisan groups that are led by women.