Bauxite dangle earrings, "Akan Heart"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Ghana's Millicent Okine orchestrates a harmony of color and textures as she crafts these earrings by hand. Bauxite cylinders alternate with black recycled plastic beads for earrings that dangle from brass hooks. The earrings come from Okine's "Akoma" (Heart, in Akan) collection.
- 9 grams
- 0.32 oz
- 4 cm L x 1 cm W
- 1.6" L x 0.4" W
- Bauxite, recycled plastic, brass
- Natural stone - some variations in color and/or pattern are to be expected
- Hook earrings
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Free Jewelry Packaging? Yes
- Premium Jewelry Gift Box? Yes
- Made in Ghana.
- Certified and shipped by our office in West Africa
Millicent Okine has received 3 microcredit loans with 0% interest from Kiva and Novica, the first for $200 and the most recent for $100. Proceeds were used to purchase an assortment of beads for her jewelry.
This Product is awarded the Earth Friendly badge because it uses recycled or sustainable materials or techniques.